Safely disposing of unused or expired medications is an important way to prevent misuse and accidental overdoses.
The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) hosts National Drug Take Back Day twice per year in April and October to collect at local, participating police departments across the country. You can find information about TakeBack Days and participating departments on the DEA's website here.
Medication Disposal Sites In and Around Strafford County available year-round:
- CVS Pharmacy 50 Sterling Way, Dover
- CVS Pharmacy 338 High Street, Somersworth
- Durham Police Department 86 Dover Road Durham
- Lee Police Department 20 George Bennett Road Lee
- Somersworth Police Department 12 Lilac Lane Somersworth
- Walgreens Pharmacy 104 S. Main St. Rochester, New Hampshire
- Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, 789 Central Avenue, Dover (hospital’s main lobby just outside the Outpatient Pharmacy)