- This event has passed.
Developmental Relationships: Bring Intention to Practice (DAY 1)
January 26 @ 10:00 am - 12:15 pm$25
This 2-part workshop will help participants learn to intentionally build developmental relationships with young people to powerfully benefit youth learning and development.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT DATE & TIME:
The dates of this workshop are BOTH Tuesday January 26th & Thursday January 28th from 10am – 12:15 on BOTH DAYS. The registration & fee are for BOTH DAYS.
To receive the CEU’s/Certificate of Attendance, attendees must be present for the entirety of the workshop on both days.
Relationships are too important to leave to chance. Educational success and social-emotional development blossom when caring adults and supportive peers are present in young people’s lives. Extensive research has documented relationships as the roots of social and emotional development for youth. Yet many professionals who work directly with youth – especially youth from marginalized communities – face challenges in forming well-rounded relationships that connect with the diverse needs of youth. This workshop helps participants learn to intentionally build developmental relationships with young people to powerfully benefit youth learning and development.
- Identify the difference between being intentional and being inclusive.
- Believe that relationships impacted your own development.
- Assess your relational style using the Developmental Framework.
- Understand the origin of Developmental Framework.
- Be able to identify the 5 elements of the Developmental Relationships Framework.
- Identify some ways that 5 elements are reflected in your current your practices.
- Identify and commit to using one element of the framework in daily practice to cultivate developmental relationships with young people.
- Identify approaches to building developmental relationships that are available in the Relationship Builder’s Guidebook.
Date & Time: Tuesday, January 26 & Thursday, January 28, 2021 – 10am – 12:15pm each day
Registration Fee: $25 (*non-refundable) fee includes registration to both workshop-parts, CEU’s (pending approval), a workbook, and other Search-Institute materials
CEU’s: 4.5 CEU’s for Certified Prevention Specialists have been approved. A certificate of attendance will be provided to all attendees.
Organizer’s Website: SCPHN.org
The Search-Institute is a leader in the work of positive youth development. Their research on Developmental Assets, Developmental Relationships and youth development have changed the way we work with youth. Through professional development opportunities such as this, the Search-Institute offers evidence-based frameworks to put their research into practice.
Learn more about the Search-Institute & the Developmental Relationships Framework here: search-institute.org/developmental-relationships/developmental-relationships-framework
*Registration fees are non-refundable, however, you may transfer your registration by emailing SCPHN no later than Friday January 22nd.